Hisashiburi~!! I am back from my long trip. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the time to blog for it was hard enough to get my hands on an internet connection just for the sake of watching Kuroko no Basket – which is really good btw. But what better way to warm up my blogging skills than with a carnival post. :) This time, one which was started by Iso from Nabe!!
I suppose I am obliged lol . . .
This is my response to -blacksheep from the Blacksheep Project:
1. What anime/manga has made an impact to your life?
It’s hard to say, although, Angel Beats! is an anime that has really inspired me and changed my outlook on life itself. I have really tried to not take things for granted since then.
2. Setting aside the story/plot/synopsis, what’s the next thing you consider in choosing an anime to watch?
Probably the production studio. If it happens to be produced by a studio that is responsible for any other anime favorites of mine then it may increase its chances of me watching it. From there I would move on to the anime genre.
3. Who is the anime character that resembles you the most in terms of personality?
The only character that pops into my mind right now is Akiyama, Mio from K-On! Out of all her group of friends, she tends to show the most maturity. I regret to inform you about my sense of maturity around my crazy friends. Like her, I am also shy and hate the lime-light, but probably not as much as she does. Scary stories are not my favorite things and, like her, I can be surprisingly girly. Yeah.
4. Do you buy anime merchandise (figures, BDs, OSTs, etc)?
Of course. Although, it is something that I started doing pretty recently. I mostly hold a collection of manga, BDs and artwork right now, but I would love to get my hands on a cute nendoroid. :)
5. What anime/manga made you an anime/manga enthusiast (not necessarily have to be your first anime)?
Well, Dragon Ball Z and Bleach really got me into anime and my continuous anime viewing, but Bleach alone is what really got me into manga.
2. How many times can you recall where an anime or anime scene made you think “WTF”?
There are two times that I remember clearly. One was from the anime Another, when Sakakibara daydreamed about dancing with Misaki in the middle of class. That was a huge NO for me, and the other was from Puni Puni Poemi as Poemi slides off a rainbow lol. That show is funny though. Watch it.
3. If you could be an anime/manga character, who would it be?
I think I would be Goku from DBZ. :P I don’t care that he’s a man. Yeah, there isn’t a strong enough girl in that show. RAGE!!
4. Which means of viewing do you prefer, subbed anime or dubbed anime or do you speak Japanese?
Now a days, Japanese dubbed with English subtitles is my preferred method. I don’t know, I like the emotion given off from the Japanese seiyuus.
5. Finally, which anime/manga do you consider to be worth someone’s time?
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. There is a strong emphasis around its dialogue, story, characters, and animation. I don’t necessarily believe it’s a great anime, but I don’t see how you can go wrong with it either.